Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 90: Three months old

Hey! I'm only exactly a month behind now! Ok....that's pretty bad.

I really am going to make this private P.S. just as soon as I can muster up the energy to gather all your emails. So far, not happening any time soon. Maybe tomorrow?

Anyways, He is 3 months old! Wow, the time is basically just non existent this time around. I took a little time to reminice back to when Jadyn was three months old. I can still remember me in my mom's family room, propping her up with pillows and trying out various blankets as backdrops as I attempted my first official photo shoot. Granted, I had done a few engagement shoots in college, but I basically just assumed I was my friends' best option considering they had zero $ to their name. It was after I went through her three-month shoot that I decided I was pretty good at taking pictures. I know that this is the story of every Mom to Photographer Mom, but it's an inspirational time to take pictures. The funny thing is, looking back now I really don't think they were that good! But I was so proud then, I took my pink point-and-shoot everywhere.

Jace believed in me enough that he bought me a digital SLR, my dear Canon Rebel that I adore (He also needed it for his photography class ehem!) And since then he hasn't really been able to pry it from my fingers. I have had some amazing mentors and the pleasure of shadowing some phenomenal photographers. In fact, I've learned enough now to know that I really am so small and I have so very much more to learn. Maybe I'll always just consider myself an amateur. As small as my growth may be, it's fun to see that there is some growth. It means it is possible for me to get better.

Do you see the difference?


1 comment: