Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 86: My #1 Su Chef



During the first year of our marriage, our roles were pretty intertwined. We were both working and going to school so there was not an assigned housekeeper or cook. We cooked dinner together almost every night and I just loved it. Jace really gets into cooking and I feed (no pun intended) off of his excitement. I have some pretty fond memories of us getting home from our long days of working and getting totally giddy over dinner, which sometimes wasn't finished until 11 at night.

These days our roles are pretty well defined. I am certainly on dinner duty, which I am totally happy about. I really love cooking and learning new recipes. Every once in a while, though, Jace will step in with me for Sunday dinner and "I am so freaking tired of taking care of this house!" Dinner. And we go right back to newlywed mode.

I'm pretty sure this picture was not from this actual day, but I didn't want to forget the night we made ribs. Jace picked a bunch of recipes for sides and a very involved recipe for the ribs. He even wanted to made a red velvet cake from scratch. I just laughed to myself as he said things like "This will be super quick." It was an all day event. He babied those baby-backs like they were his own. That sounds creepy. It was such a good meal that we had to invite someone over to enjoy it with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment