Friday, June 10, 2011

In Between: Easter

I couldn't let the year go by without mentioning some of the wonderful Holidays
we got to experience with Jadyn. I have been waiting all my life for this!
We colored eggs. Jadyn smashed hers. A very artistic touch. 


I picked out things for her basket with all the resistance in the world. 


Somehow she still got spoiled. 


But then again...can you blame me?

She's a good sharer.

At the end of the day I came out with the spirit of Easter. It is placed 
around such a symbolioc time of year. It is the beginning of Spring.
Everything is new and pure and beautiful. My religion puts a lot 
of emphasis on the resurrection of the Savior on this day. Just as the
Spring he rose again as a new, pure, beautiful being. And so can 
we if we take advantage of the beautiful gift he has given us. 
I watched my sweet little girl go through all the festivities in 
complete wonder. Everything was new to her. She knows 
nothing, but what I show her at this point in her life. We
may not all be religious that read this blog, but I believe we can 
all appreciate a new beginning. And that is what Easter is all about. 

If you are interested about learning more of Christ here's a fabulous
video from our Prophet talking about the message of Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment