Monday, June 20, 2011

Day Three Hundred and Sixty Five: Happy Birthday Jady!

Well...I made it to one year...sorta.
It has been an incredible year to say the least. When I was newly wed I discovered that having a husband makes you evaluate your personality all the time. I had qualities that I didn't even know existed. Some good...some not so good.
When you have a child, that personal reflection gets magnified even more. You are molding an entire person with what you have made of yourself. Talk about pressure! I have learned that there are things I need to work on. But I have also learned that I can be a much better person than I give myself credit for. Despite my weaknesses, I am a good mother. I have grown as rapidly as her. And the longer I am a mother, the more my focus shifts. I no longer need to wear the latest fashion, hang out in the coolest places, or be around the most beautiful people. I no longer view sleep as something I'm entitled to, or my time, or my talents. They are all for my family. And I'm happy to give it all up for them.
We threw a little celebration for her birthday. And ya, I didn't think I was 
OOTM (one of those moms) but you couldn't possibly understand how 
much there is to celebrate until you see your child grow before your own 
eyes every day. It's amazing. It's completely indecribable. 


It was great to enjoy the day with friends and family. 



Some of the happiest moments of my life: the first time I met her, 
the first time she rolled over, sat up on her own, crawled, smiled, 
laughed, said "MaMa"... are all wrapped up in this little girl. 

Happy birthday my sweetheart. 

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, you're making me tear up! What an adorable celebration and i cannot believe she is a year already! Happy Birthday Jadyn! Wow.....in less than 3 months we'll be in the same boat....wow....

    ReplyDelete