Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day One-Hundred and Thirty- Eight: Big girl in a high chair

When Jadyn was just a little newborn I would imagine what it would be like for her to do "big baby" things. I was so excited for the day I had a busy little scientist in my arms that wanted to touch and taste everything. I imagined how fun it would be to see her sit up in a high chair with toys all around her. I thought of how nice it would be for her to hold her own head up so that we could just play on the ground together and I wouldn't have to prop her up and try to convince her that having a wobbly head wasn't so bad. Again, I find myself looking at her now realizing that time really does vanish. She is a grown up kind of baby now. New things are happening left and right and I haven't blogged for two months! Oh the things I probably have forgotten.

Luckily, Jadyn is still cuddly like a newborn. She still likes to take naps next to me in bed. She still thinks I am all that matters in this world even though I am so undeserving of such a title. I don't think it will ever stop being amazing having moments with your children when you find they have learned something new and it had nothing to do with you. All her milestones blow me away right now but I can only imagine it doesn't stop there.

Someday she will learn how to tie her shoes.

Someday she will go to school all on her own.

She will make friends.

She will learn how to drive a car (Ahh!)

She will learn that boys don't have cooties.

...But there will be times that she wished they did.

She will fall in love.

She will grow and learn and discover how to live and sure, I could take credit. It seems appropriate since I gave birth to her. But I really haven't done much. I just get to enjoy it.


My busy bug. 

2 comments: