Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day One-Hundred and Forty Five: Officially Official

Today was a day of wonderful accomplishments. I had been saying for nearly 6 months that I was "Officially" graduated. When I finished my classes I thought to myself, " Ok! This must be official." When they said they would be sending me my cap and gown I thought, "Ok! Now this is really official." When I called to figure out what the deal was with no diploma in my hands and they said they would take care of it I thought "This better be official!" When I spent the day crying in the academic advising center, marching to the head of department's office, and using my cute baby as leverage to waive a mysterious one credit delinquency I was not aware of I thought, " Meh, Official is overrated."


But it happened
The most official of all official signs of graduating college finally came out of my mail box and snuggled in my bosom. I received my Diploma. I am a college graduate!

Also, I finished my mother-in law's Birthday Present. My dear, sweet, beautiful Mamma Harmer is one of my greatest idols. Naturally, I whooped my bum into oblivion trying to make the perfect apron (she had requested it for her present after I gave one to her Jenedy). There it is...in all it's glory.... I hope she doesn't make any sudden movements in it...It may fall apart haha.

1 comment: