Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day Sixteen: How the Sibs are doing.



 
Everyone seems to ask the sibling question: How is Jadyn handling new baby?
The truth is, she's doing awesome. Once again I am reminded that if there is a problem, it's probably my own darn fault. We've had days where she gets too rough, trys to steal him from my arms, and once even said "I don't want Jaxon" (I nearly burst into a fit of tears with that one). But any "mistake" she's made with him has been because she loves him too much. I literally had to tell myself "If it isn't going to kill him, let it go." So I have, for the most part. Now his crib is decorated with socks that she thought he needed, when we read stories he gets a very close view of the pictures, and tummy time is a group activity. There's no jealousy or hurt feelings towards him. Every time she notices him in the room, she screams "jAxon!" with glee. She wants to hold him and learn everything about him. I ache for the day that they can really play together, but I am also loving this time of learning to be gentle and soft.

My anxieties only lessen everyday and my conviction in our decision to have more kids right away is only strengthened. I couldn't imagine life without my brothers and sisters. They have been everything to me. My life could be entirely mapped out through them. I hope I can be the kind of mother that encourages this special closeness.

2 comments:

  1. So so sweet. Excited to those little people again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindsey!! I love this!! Can't wait to come see your little guy. I love your post it was so inspiring thanks for writing it.!!

    ReplyDelete