Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 26: I am grateful

I am grateful to have a husband to miss.
To have children that drive me crazy.
A house to clean.
Food to cook.
Money to budget.
An unmade bed to climb into every night.
An aching body that is healing.

To feel things with too much intensity.
To have feelings so close to the surface that I cry
during a commercial.
To know I can be better.
To make mistakes I learn from.

I am grateful for days of too much TV.
For the following days of too much sun.
For a queen bed that just barely fits the four of us
when we're not quite ready to get up. 
For a washing machine that cleans all the spit ups and blow outs.


I am grateful to fall to my knees in gratitude every night and know that this is all mine. 

1 comment:

  1. My fingers hovered over the keys for a full two minutes trying to find the perfect word for how this made me feel. Can't find it. Point is, I loved it with all of my heart.

    ReplyDelete