Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Nine: Resolutions to keep

This year I thought really hard about what New Year's resolutions I would like to make AND KEEP! Truth is, I never keep mine. Most often I make ridiculous goals to do the splits or climb Everest...still hasn't happened.

I did some deep thinking and decided these were my reasonable goals:
-Read the scriptures daily
-Pray daily
-Exercise at least 3 times a week (used to not be a problem, but then child came along)
- Read at least one book to Jadyn everyday
-Do something musical everyday
-Learn a new recipe once a week
-Family Night once a week
-Go to the temple monthly


There may have been more, but I lost my journal...I guess I should have make "don't lose things" a goal.

The list felt long. But everything on it is really important to me and are things I should be doing. So to organize, I designed a personally tailored planner. And no, that was not a ploy to get you to buy one of my planners. I just happen to be lazy enough that I don't want to find the pictures again. It has made a world of difference. I'm certainly not perfect, but I forget the important things a lot less often now. It has been a really exciting thing for me to get back on track. Everyone needs a little re-railing every once in a while.

On another note: Jadyn got some adorable new clothes for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment