Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day One-Hundred and Sixty-Two: Pumpkin Patch

This was a long time California tradition that I have missed ever since we moved to Colorado. Halloween just didn't feel like Halloween without a trip to the pumpkin patch and the Fiesta Days parade. The churros, the marching bands, the pony rides, bounce houses, and petting zoos have been missing in my Octobers. It's like not watching the Rose Parade in my PJ's on New Years Day (if you are not one of my California friends, this won't make much sense to you).
It surprises me how little people care about them here. Because I think they're wonderful. 
Anyways, I finally got my wish this year and we took Jadyn to one. 
Ok, so it was more like a shopping center, less like
a Halloween wonderland. But I didn't care! 


I may have even shed a tear of pure happiness.
Grandma came too. 
I got my pumpkin. 
I think even Jace, who really didn't understand what all the fuss was
about, enjoyed himself too. 
Jadyn...had a bit of a time limit on her enjoyment. 


2 comments: