Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day One Hundred and Four- One Hundred and Eight: Anniversary Weekend Extravaganza!

Melissa, Mom and Dad left on Thursday to spend a week in Utah before sending Moose off to school. Since Jace and I had the house to ourselves, we decided to start celebrating early.
On thursday, I filled the fridge with drinks of all kinds, treats galore, and made a yummy dinner. 
Jace came home with no surprise. It was one of those times I expected when I shouldn't have. Long story short, he made a relaxing bath for me to soak in while he ran to the store to get flowers and movies. All was forgiven. 
On Friday, I made him a lunch filled with love. Everything was cut into the shape of a heart. Carrot slices, a roast beef sandwich, and cranberry muffins. The carrots took a LONG time. But every individual heart shaped carrot was made with love. Jace showed it off to his class. He came home with a surprise present: Toms! Saturday we went shopping and got him Toms too...and a couple other things. The Stake carnival was also on Saturday, so we made our way over there to help with the young men and young women at their booths and to get some dinner. 


On Sunday, I was in charge of planning out the day. We had a picnic in the park for lunch. We had to run to a couple meetings after that, so things were a little off schedule (terrible, I know) so we had to push "gaze into eachother's eyes" back a bit. We made dinner together, star gazed, and finished the night with a movie. I also gave him the present I had been working on for about a month. It was a very fancy card/photo album. Each page had one of the pictures we took a very long time ago when we tried to be creative with our wedding thank you cards. Didn't work out, but it made for a nice card! And the grand finale was a song I had written him. Can I take a moment and be mushy? Jace is the best person I know. And he has always been so romantic. I he wooed me with songs. His first one was his way of telling me he loved me. He sang that same song for me when he proposed, along with half a dozen other ones he wrote me while on his mission. He may not be the best at telling me what is going on in his head, but he can always sing what's in his heart. And I never could reciprocate quite as well. I have played the piano and sang for ages, but I never composed. I worked really hard on this song. I wanted him to feel what I felt when he wrote all those beautiful songs for me. His songs have so many stories. One of first love, of missing me, of wishing we hadn't fought that night, of looking to the future. Here are the words to mine:
I never wrote you a love song;
Nothing just me and the keys. 
How could there be, 
No melody?
When I love you so much

So here goes. 
I'll take my chances. 
I'll be the one this time, 
To do the Serenading. 
It may not flow
Quite as I'd like. 
But at least you'll know
That I'm desperately, deeply so very completely
In love with you. 

Life is not quite as we planned;
And we're growing up too fast. 
Our dreams sometimes seem
So far away
But if we give up now,
We can never say we tried. 

So here goes...(repeat chorus)




Monday was our actual Anniversary, so we went to dinner and a movie. I ended our week with so much love I could barely handle it! It has been a beautiful two years. I look forward to a hundred more!

1 comment:

  1. I am so very grateful that you are a Harmer Brat! Jacey is so blessed; we all are!!!!
    Thank you beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete