Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day Twenty-Three: Blessing Day

We had a very uplifting Sunday. Jadyn Lynn was blessed in church. The spirit was so strong as I watched my uncles, fathers, friends, and husband place their hands on my Jadyn and bless her.  All day I felt an intense love for my husband; for his willingness to worthily hold the priesthood, his ability to give a blessing directly from Heavenly Father, and his courage in standing in front of an entire congregation and bless our little girl. It was a very sweet, very simple blessing. I know it will give her and me a great deal of strength down the road.
She wore the dress that I wore on my blessing day. Thanks Mom for keeping special things like this!


     Four Generations.



      

4 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful Lindsey!

    I remember Grace's blessing and it was so peaceful and sacred...(although i wish i had a copy of it...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I've dressed my girls in my blessing dress, too. Love the tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granddaughter is a princess! Of coarse she is; she's her daddy's little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful little dress on a beautiful little girl! And you look incredible!

    ReplyDelete