Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Thirty-Seven: Happy First Father's Day!

It was a Happy First Father's day for my dear sweet Jacey. Saturday night I filled up our Kitchen with all of his favorite snacks, and I mean ALL-OF-THEM. Drinks, chips, red vines, ice cream. He was giddy with excitement.  I also bought this adorable blue dress that Jace saw at the store and wanted so badly to buy for Jadyn. Sunday morning I made him breakfast in bed, Jacey style: A chicken salad sandwich and fruit. Any leftovers would have done; pizza, lasagna, but we had a bowl of chicken salad, and along with leftovers for breakfast his very favorite is chicken salad. I put a card on his computer and made his desktop background a picture of him and Jadyn, then I promised him a new white hat to replace his not-so white-anymore hat. I also dressed Jadyn in the blue dress. 
He gave a talk in church on the Love of our Heavenly Father. It was such an emotional roller coaster for me to hear him tell everyone with tears in his eyes what it felt like to see his daughter for the first time. He really does love our little bug. She really does love him. She loves his voice. She used to follow it when I was pregnant with her. She loves his big daddy arms and his scruffy face kisses. 
I am beginning to see what true happiness is. I believe no one really has felt it unless they have felt the love of a parent, from both perspectives. I now have a glimpse of what my Father in Heaven feels for me as his child, and it makes me happy. 
Happy Father's Day my wonderful husband. You deserve it!


As a side note: We got Jadyn a "Gym". It's a mat that they lay on that has toys above them. We put her in it at least once a day. All we have to do is turn her towards the star. She stares at that star for amazing amounts of time and then falls asleep facing it. The other day I had a half hour of free time while she examined her star. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like Jace had a wonderful first father's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful for all of you!!! Thank you Lindsey girl for spoiling our Jacey on his first Father's Day! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete