Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 60: Potty Training


I wish I had some trick for all you potty training Mommies, but I don't know how it happened. One thing lead to another and next thing I know she's struttin around in her "big girl pants" and going in the potty. When they're ready, they're ready.

Ok...Maybe I have a few helpful ideas. They have worked for us at least. If you're not about bribing, this probably won't be your method:
-Take them potty ALL THE TIME! Before every meal and five minutes after a meal. Also, before  you leave the house.
-If they have trouble with the oh-so-terrifying #2, make a big deal out of it. For #1 she get's a skittle, for #2 she gets to pick out of the "Prize bag". It's filled with things she doesn't normally get like really sugary drinks, potatoe chips and toys (Am I depriving my child?) The first time I tried to get her to do the doo doo, I said she would get chocolate cake. It worked like a charm.
-Always bring an extra pair of clothes and plastic bag when you go out. She's certainly had some accidents.

It's not down to perfect consistency yet, but she's got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment