Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our New-Way, New Year's Resolutions

I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by! What an amazing year. So many wonderful things happened.  *sigh*


aaaaannnnd moment's over. Krap, I failed again at becoming Wonder Woman. So for family night, I planned for Jace and I to once again write down our New Year goals. Oh, the painful rehash of all the things I needed to be doing were creeping up my throat again. You don't really have to feel remorse until the end of the year. Denial is my happy place especially in the middle of the year. But the end came again, meaning time to begin. My list was so long last year, so detailed and so stinkin ambitious!

Jace pulled out two little square pieces of paper and pens for us. My first thought was " I need about 7 more of those little dudes." But then, Jace presented one of his oh so charming moments. He had a new idea, as he always does, for how we could do our goals. We were each given 5, only 5 Hopes that we could write down. Obviously, this meant they were to be pretty general and vague. We read ours to each other, talked about them and now plan on spending each family night for the rest of this year, or as long as it takes working on one goal at a time. This is where the details will come in that I love so much. I am so excited about this new idea! So my goals for this year are: (In no particular order)

1. Become more physically fit.
2. Incorporate scripture study/prayer/journaling (a.k.a. PJ'S) more smoothly into my life.
3. Become a better mother.
4. Fall more in love with my husband. 
5. Go to the temple regularly. 


On another note: For those of you that don't already know, I have an announcement to make...
...but not till tomorrow ;) 

Ya. There's a stain on my shirt. Too lazy to edit it out. 

3 comments:

  1. "I need about 7 more of those little dudes." I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I can't believe that you blogged 100 times in 2011... well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those are all great goals :) I need to go over my list from last year and set my new goals (big one is just, BE ORGANIZED).

    and HOW in the world did i miss this annoucment lol. Did i miss something on facebook? i must be blind if you're that far along. I'm the worst.roommate.ever. lol! Well, Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete