Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day One-Hundred and Fifty Four: Filling in the spaces

Well... it's going to take a LONG time to figure out which part of outer-computer space all my pictures have been shoved. There are just a few days I can't find. So, in the meantime I will fill those days with pictures from other days that I did not post on the blog.
This was after a date night with our very favorite couple, the Campbells. They are just wonderful and have made this awkward adjustment a little more comfortable. We went out for some sushi (the men went out for sushi. Us ladies ordered some good old mongolian beef and asked for a fork instead of chop sticks. We really don't blend in very well).
After a fabulous night, I came home to find my little darling still wide awake. Her new sleep schedule has shifted from fairly normal to totally insane. Now she goes to bed at 7:00 pm and wakes up at 8 or 9 wanting to play. She thinks it's a nap! I have been struggling and struggling to get her to stay down: Cry it out method, fill her up as much as possible method, give her a nice relaxing bath and massage her, books, singing, rocking, stick the pacifier back in, teething gel, relaxing music, white noise, ear drops...all FAIL. And most nights I have given up totally frustrated with the fact that a girl a sixth of my size has way more stamina that me.

 But on nights like these, when I have been away from her, it makes me so happy to see her waiting for me.

...wait a minute. She is not in her jammies, which means I was talking about the wrong night. This must have been when we went to Mt. Fuji with the Campbell's and took her with. Oh well, same battle. We just really gave in that time and took her with us to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment