Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day One-Hundred and Fifty Five: Come what may and love it.


"How little I knew then of what awaited me in later years. But whenever my steps led through seasons of sadness and sorrow, my mother’s words often came back to me: “Come what may, and love it.”
How can we love days that are filled with sorrow? We can’t—at least not in the moment. I don’t think my mother was suggesting that we suppress discouragement or deny the reality of pain. I don’t think she was suggesting that we smother unpleasant truths beneath a cloak of pretended happiness. But I do believe that the way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life.
If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness."  -JOSEPH B. WIRTHLIN

As mentioned in the previous post, sleep has been a battle. Just when I thought I had gotten off easy and got through what everyone called the hard months for sleep with a baby that slept through the night...she had a shift. And it has been hard. But I am learning the make the best of it.

Because the truth is, she isn't always going to want me.

She isn't always going to think I am the means of her existence.

And she won't always be absolutely content with snuggling with her mommy in the middle of the night.

So I am going to just let go and enjoy it!

1 comment: