Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 39: Patriotic Sunday

I have a calling in my church to pick the hymns for sacrament and then lead them during sacrament meeting.This Sunday, as it was the Sunday before the 4th of July, I chose patriotic songs. For the closing hymn, we sang our national anthem. I don't really know why, but when everyone in the congregation stood I was completely surprised. From where I stand to lead everyone I get a pretty good view of every person's face. It was a powerful moment where I realized just how lucky I am to be an American. Sure, there's some serious issues going on, but we are standing on land built on a foundation of faith in God (it says so in the third verse). I cried through most of the song.




1 comment:

  1. Jady looks like she's proud to be an American. So am I!!!

    ReplyDelete