Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 36: No Make-up Challenge

I have challenged myself to not wear make-up for the whole month of July. I've known a few people to do this, but I have always been too chicken...and well...that bothers me. I already have a pretty dinky self-esteem these days with having just had a baby, but to not feel comfortable leaving the house in my own skin? I have to toughen up. I'm doing this for a few reasons:
#1 The already mentioned boosting confidence in my natural self. 
#2 To enlist a more rigid skin care routine. I'm mostly a "fall asleep in my make-up" kind of girl. 
#3 To force me to do some more exciting things with my hair.

So, I have one freebie and that is Sundays and July 4th. I can't go crazy. Just foundation and mascara. Maybe that's a total weak sauce freebie, but I just am not ready to be totally bare-face on the days that I see the most people in the least amount of time. 

Here goes nothin! Any brave soul is free to join me. Anyone who is not, I really don't blame you.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I think you are beautiful and have been envious of your amazing looks since we met. I'd go bare this month but i have National Confrence for work and i feel stupid saying i want to 'look my best' for the CEO and Founder :-/ Although when i wear makeup it's normally just Mascara anyways.

    But for the rest of the month i'll go bare! Or next month! :)

    It actually makes things easier though, not having to worry about one more thing ;)

    Oh, and i hope you know this is Jillyn, just posting under Jay cause i'm too lazy to sign out ;)

    ReplyDelete