Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day Two: Our Incubator

I was tested positive for GPS. It's a bacteria that can be very harmful to the baby if not treated with antibiotics ahead of time. This is a pretty standard thing, so they had my antibiotics ready when I got to the hospital. The catch is that they have to be in for at least 4 hours before baby arrives. I wasn't even in the hospital for 4 hours before Jaxon made his debut. So we were forced to wait out 48 hours in the hospital so he could be monitored.


It was hard not to be able to go home. I wanted to be with Jadyn. But I also appreciated the alone time I had with my little guy. Jace spent the day working in the yard with my family. So it was just him and I. The nurse watched him while I took a shower. We relaxed and snuggled and stared at each other. It was wonderful. 



1 comment:

  1. He is the sweetest baby! Though not your plan, I'm so glad you got that one-to-one time with him! More rare than with #1.

    ReplyDelete