Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More Daddy

A couple of days ago, the three of us were sitting on the couch. Jace was working from home for the day and took a short break to say "hi". Jadyn started signing *more* so we asked her what she wanted more of. She pointed to Jace. I asked "More Daddy?" because I thought maybe she was just confused, but then she continued to say "More Daddy, More Daddy!"

Goodness, does that girl know how to break my heart! At not even two, she understands that she needs her daddy. The role of Dad is so much more complicated than Mom, at least in our situation. Dad is the provider that goes to work and is Mr. Graphic Designer most of the day, but then he is also expected to shift to Super Dad when he gets home. Me? I'm just Mom. Something I have learned to accept and love because of all the roles that branch from it.

Jace works some pretty long hours and on top of it, he goes to school downtown. She gets an average of 2 hours a day with him, which is more than others get I'm sure. Mondays and Thursdays he doesn't get home until long after she is in bed.

I have battled with the inner complaints of it being his fault that he isn't here more, but the truth is, he is doing the best he can and maybe a little more. And the only reason Jadyn and I beg for more Daddy is because that man knows how to fill a room. I don't think I will ever stop getting butterflies when I hear his car pull in the garage.

To all you Daddy's out there that are working your tails off, you rock.

There will never be enough Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. It's hard for us and these kiddos to not see Daddy during the day and before bedtime, but I'm so grateful for a hard-working husband - couldn't survive without him!

    ReplyDelete