Monday, February 6, 2012

Brain dump.

I have a confession to make. Sometimes, when I think of this second baby I'm having in less than 4 months I get really scared. I have been reading quite a few articles about first-child mommies and I realize that I am at least not alone in my anxieties. One is hard. Every new stage brings you back below the learning curve. You worry if they're eating the right things, if they are learning enough, interacting enough with other people. It is me that is holding her back from potty training, because for Pete's sake, I haven't read enough about it! So now I'm going to have two?

It's scary, yet oddly comforting. I notice children that have siblings a lot more now. The younger siblings are more laid back and confident to leave mommy's side longer than 5 minutes. The older siblings are more willing to let things go and they are so helpful! And if THAT isn't enough to ease my worries, this certainly is...

There's also a little bit of me that is mourning the loss of my first baby. She's going to grow up whether we like it or not. And though I really don't want to juggle two babies at once, I want her to need me still. 

P.S. We're still debating baby boy's name. Any suggestions you're willing to gift me?

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why thank you. I'll put it in the suggestion box ;)

      Delete
  2. You will be just fine! I totally understand the anxiety! There are a lot of things to worry about being a mom! But I have no doubt that you will rise to the occasion and be perfectly fine. Those kids are seriously so lucky to have you for a mom! You are doing a great job and all you really have to do is love them and do your best and everything will fall into place :) Plus, some things get easier when you have two. They have each other to play with, so you are not always under pressure to do all of the entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Kira...so very true. I think it's my prego hormones that make me a little bipolar about it. Because most of the time I'm thinking "Can he get here already so Jadyn can have a sibling!" I could NOT imagine raising an only child.

      Delete
    2. This is Lindsey, not Jace.

      Delete