Friday, September 9, 2011

The suspense is killing you: House.


So, here's the story. Sometime around January 2010 Jace and I went to the temple. There's a video on that link that explains the temple, but to put it simply, it is a very sacred place...in fact it is the MOST sacred place on earth. After I was sealed (married) to Jace in the temple I could begin going back. It is a place to be with the Lord, to find peace, to ask for help and to find answers. Jace and I go at least once a month. Anyways, I came with the same question I had been asking since September 2009 when we moved in with my parents: "When am I going to have my own home?" The outlook of that question didn't seem soon. People feel the spirit in many different ways. I always feel my lungs fill up, like I just got an extra breath of air, and then I hear an answer in my head. As clear as day, I heard "You will get a home by September. You will look for homes over the summer." Tears streamed down my face and since then I have had a glimmer of hope. 

When I told Jace, quite frankly, he didn't know what to think. He didn't get an impression like I did, but he tried his best to be supportive. He said that if we did get a house that soon it would be because I had that much faith. 
 
We went through the rest of winter, then spring, then summer...and finally in August we were looking at homes. Jace felt it too. We looked at a lot of homes, mostly old ones that we would need to fix up. I fell in love with one that definitely was in need of love, but we didn't make an offer and the next time we went looking it was under contract. I was getting a little less hopeful. AND THEN, our realtor remembered a friend that was building new homes in the area. 

Boom. We are getting a brand new home with all the things we want. It has been two whole years living with my parents, and honestly, it's been amazing. I just love them and our newly born friendship. But in just three short months, that plot of land we just signed on two days ago will become this




7 comments:

  1. Hurray!!! SO SO excited for you and your cute family! And your cute house! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting Lindsey! I dream of the stress filled time when I can be looking for my first home :) So glad you guys found yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah. I didn't think you'd be able to find a place that fast! It's so fancy. Where is the location? How many square feet? Is it detached or like a town home? Are you pregnant? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. Oh Carly, leave it to you to notice all the things I forgot to mention in this post. #1 NO. I'm not prego. #2 It's in Frederick (small town by Firestone, Longmont and Brighton), #3 With the basement it will be just over 3,000 sq. ft. and #4 It's all ours. No more sharing walls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the doors! I love the granite! It's beautiful guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It's darling! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful house! How luck for you guys to find something that is perfect for you. 3,000sqft? HOLY CRAP! that's HUGE!! It's ok, you can clean it, i'll keep my smaller house lol :D

    But seriously, i'm so excited for you guys! I can't imagine how hard living with your parents has been. We were living with mine for just 3 months and that was hard enough!! I'm just so happy for you :) yay yay yay! I wish we could be next door neighbors though, that would make it really perfect :)

    ReplyDelete