Friday, May 28, 2010

Day Fourteen: Big day!


Today was a very, VERY eventful day. We started the day with Jadyn's two week check-up. She's still a perfect, healthy baby! She is now 8lbs 6ozs, 4 ounces heavier than her birth weight and 11 ounces heavier than when she left the hospital. It was so nerve-wracking for me. I felt like this was my test to see if I was capable of feeding her and keeping her alive. wew! passed.
After that we went straight to Melissa's graduation. This was a big step for me and Jadyn. We've only been out for about an hour at a time. This time we were out all day and in the midst of a very big crowd. I was so glad to have a baby carrier (thanks Caralee!) so I could keep her real close to me. I thought she would hate how snug it was, but it must have felt like going back to the womb because she was perfectly content with the closeness.
We went out to eat and finally got home. It was a good day, but very very tiring. The only dramatic moment was when Jadyn peed all over herself as I was changing her. The angles of those changing tables in public bathrooms don't give us Mommies who only have two hands a chance!




Jady needed a little break. 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, and obviously exhausting day! It looks like all the activity wiped her right out!

    You are a wonderful mommy Lindsey girl!!!! Good job feeding that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babywearing is SUCH a life saver. I cannot wait to get to use all my carriers :D And i can't wait to make me some more :) As of now i have 2 wraps, 2 mei ties and 2 ring slings, but i think i want to make more ring slings to go with my outfits :D

    And babies LOVE to be worn. They love to be snug, warm and listen to your heartbeat, just like when they were in the womb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss her already! She is going to be huge when I see her next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a doll! Do her clothes always match her blankie?

    ReplyDelete