Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day Seventy-One to Seventy-Two: A new Obsession

Sooo...we live with my parents, and really don't know when we will be able to afford a house. I'm just waiting for a million dollar check to come in the mail or Extreme Makeover to discover us; I'm sure it'll come any day now. But for now, we are enjoying the extra help and trying to make the best of our little basement home. The other day I was picking out frames for our wedding pictures we still had not framed and happened upon some really cool posters. I thought to myself "psh! I can make some cool posters like that."  So I went home and picked through my old Europe pictures to make black and whites out of, noticed a neat tree picture I had taken, desaturated everything in the picture except for the green moss, decided we should redecorate the bathroom into an earthy style, took more earthy pictures, painted, spent all day looking for shelving, talked to Jace about it, decided we should build some, spent all Saturday building and staining new shelves, painting, framing pictures, and tada!....all because I went into a frame store. Saturdays have now become designated Jacey and Lindsey project days. This was last saturday. This saturday we built new desks and a shelf for our office corner, but you don't get to see those pictures until I get caught up to that saturday! In short, we were too distracted to take pictures of Jadyn. But she was an avid participant in Project Saturday. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow everything turned out amazing! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really awesome Lindsey! I go crazy decorating sometimes too...once you get bit by the bug it's hard to shake it! My latest project has been our bedroom, i want it to be PERFECT before i go into labor LOL. I think Jay is starting to get scared with everything i'm trying to do LOL!

    ReplyDelete